Eeek! Today marks 50 days til our Disney adventure begins and I’m beyond excited!
And while seeming like an eternity to wait, at the same time, there isn’t a lot of time to go, so here are a few things that everyone needs to make sure they get done in the last 50 days:
1. If you’re staying in a Disney resort, now is the time to start personalising your Magic Bands. If you don’t know what a Magic Band is, now is the time to learn! They are a rubber bracelet that every guest receives, and act as your room key, park ticket, Fastpass+, the list goes on.. So what do I mean by personalise? Well, they come in 7 different colours, and you can pick! You’ve got until 5 days before your arrival to personalise your band, and if you don’t, you’ll receive a generic grey..
2. Start stocking up on those essentials – glow sticks, suncream, pre-packed souvenirs, snacks etc.
3. Practice walking – while this may sound a little silly, preparing yourself for the amount of walking you’ll do in the park is wise, especially if you’ve got little ones. Take advantage of beautiful weather and walk instead of driving for shorter journeys; you’ll help save the environment, get fitter and prepare yourself for the Disney World parks.
4. Wear in your shoes – as above, you’re going to be doing a lot of walking, the last thing you need is uncomfortable shoes leaving you and the kids with blisters that will ruin the rest of your trip.
5. Ensure your clothes are holiday ready – if you’ve got clothes that haven’t made it out of your wardrobe since last summer, you might find alterations or repairs are needed, and you don’t want to find that out as you’re putting them into your suitcase the night before!
6. Make sure your Goodie Bags are packed and autograph books are at the ready!
7. Ensure you’ve got chargers, spare batteries and spare memory cards for all your tech: cameras, phones etc.
8. If you haven’t done so already, make your Advanced Dining Reservations
9. Get your spending money sorted – whether like us you need to convert pounds to dollars, or just want to sort out the kids spending money, the sooner the better!
10. Lastly.. Get the kids excited! Create a countdown calendar and get everyone to take turns crossing a day off, watch Disney movies, show the kids pictures of the parks and hotels, they’ll love it 🙂
Go, go, go!