So its DIY Friday, instead of Wednesday this week due to a mix up in my work shifts. I’m also sharing a bit of my DisneySide, which I’ll follow up tomorrow 🙂
Nevertheless, the posting must go on! And as Fantasia is a bit of a jumble of a film, I struggled to find anything specifically from the classic to settle on for a DIY, but as I’ve spent my whole week honouring the main mouse himself, I thought I’d concentrate on him, and share my latest addition to my Disney bedroom. As part of my new craft/Disney area, I bought some basic shelving units from Ikea (I really love that place), but I wanted to add some hooks on the side, and also Disney it up a bit, and managed to kill two birds with one stone..
I have a huge Vinylmation collection, so I bought some cheap, damaged models on eBay (I’d never use a good one, I’m too much of a collector), and spray painted them white to match the unit. I used project enamel because its designed for use on all kinds of materials, it dries quickly and has a good finish.
Depending on the original colour, it can take 2-3 coats, and be sure to let it dry properly on each side before flipping it to do the other. Once dried, work out how you’d like to arrange your figures, marking if point if you find it easier, then carefully apply superglue to the back of the head and feet.
Then place the figures into position, holding them in place for a little while to allow the adhesive to bond properly. Superglues are instant adhesives, so begin to hold straight away, but you’ve got a minute or so during which you can re-position them.
And while the glue set quickly, you should ideally leave it overnight to 24 hours before hanging any weight from them.