This week for my DIY I took inspiration from one pretty kitty..
Transform a plain old white t-shirt into a cute little tank top perfect for the beach in just a few simple steps..
1. Take a pair of scissors to your t-shirt, cutting off the sleeves, then cutting across the stitching at the top, separating the neckline.
2. Flip the top over, and make bigger cuts across the back to make a racer-back.
3. Fold over the hem of this back section and stitch it down. Depending on your strap material, you may want to feed it through before you sew it down.
4. The strap is a single strip of material; I used Boodle textile yarn for my straps, but you could use whatever you fancied really. Controversially, I believe there is a thing as too much pink, so I chose blue to reflect Marie’s eyes. Once you’ve fed it through the back, pin it into place at each side of the front, and sew into place.
5. Using fabric paint, I decorated the back of my top with a large pink bow, and put a few little paw prints on the front.