One thing about not being at school anymore (I mean, its only been 3 years..) is that I don’t have a proper defined ‘summer’ anymore. Having 6-8 weeks set aside for me to do summer things every year made planning so much easier, but now I’m in the grown-up world, I have to squeeze fun in between shifts and other commitments.
I do love a good bucket list though, and other than my job getting in the way, I really hope I can tick as many things off this list as I can by September!
Get my Disney girls to Bournemouth for a beach day – I’ve been promising to organise something, and I plan to see it through!
- Visit more of the UK – there are so many places I’d love to see, and now I’m such a confident driver it seems like the perfect time!
- Read more – I’ve got a reading list as long as my arm, and I’ve hardly touched it..
- Spend time with my friends who have been away at uni – some of my friends I haven’t seen in 2/3 years, and with everyone graduating soon, we’re due a good catch up.
- See as much of Bournemouth Air Festival as I can – I missed all of it because of work last year, waa
- Have a picnic in the New Forest – sometimes I forget that I have such a beautiful countryside right on my doorstep!
- Do more blogging from the garden – I’ve written some of my favourite posts in the sunshine, and hello Vitamin D!
- Go back to Oxygen Freejumping – I had such a blast at the Airborne Fitness class, I’m dying to get back there for a fun bounce!
- Go camping (even if its just a night!) – I have such a cute tent, it seems a shame to not use it!
- Swim in the sea – I’m ashamed to say I normally just paddle..
- Go to an outdoor cinema – we’ve just got one in Bournemouth, although I’d love to get to a Film4 Summer Screen at Somerset House!
- Beach yoga – you know, the sort you’d do at 5am when no one else is around to see you looking like an idiot..
- Ride my bike – I’m a little terrified of riding my bike on the roads (I’m super clumsy) but it would be nice to get it out of the garage
- Go to Moors Valley and do Go Ape – I used to love high ropes, but its been such a long time since I’ve been there!
Visit the penguins at Bournemouth Oceanarium – PENGUINS
- Visit Warner Brothers Studios London – I went in the first year it opened, but so much has been added now and I’m craving butterbeer!
- Watch fireworks – I mean, it’ll hardly be Wishes at WDW, but fireworks are a mandatory summer activity, right?
- Find a new job – I’d really love to find a more fulfilling job, retail is crushing my soul a little
Make my own ice-cream – I’ve only done this once before and it didn’t go too well, so here’s to round 2! Go on a first date – when I originally planned this post, this point was meant to be ‘go on a second date’, but life got in the way a little bit last week and the first date had to be reschuduled, and because I know the guy in question will be reading this, I wanna make him sweat just a little bit over when it’ll actually happen 😉
As well as work, I’ve obviously also got to fit all of this around my China/Hong Kong trip next month (eeek!), but I think I stand a pretty good chance, and I love a challenge! Do you think I can do it?
What’s on your summer bucket list?