Just because its September first doesn’t mean barbecue season has to be over just yet, especially as the weather has only just started picking up!
That being said, burgers aren’t just for BBQing, and these turkey burgers are a particular favourite of mine, and super easy to make!
For about 6 burgers, you’ll need 500g turkey mince, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tbsp breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to season.
- Tip your mince into a bowl, and using either your hands or a wooden spoon, break up the mince until even
- Add the oregano and breadcrumbs to the mince and knead the mixture to ensure and even spread throughout. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and combine.
- Using your hands, make the patties – the more you knead the mixture, the easier you’ll find this is to do, otherwise they can break up a little!
- If you’re making these to eat another time, you can freeze the patties at this point, keeping them separate using greaseproof paper.
- If not, these are good to go straight under the grill or onto the BBQ! Cook on each side for about 5 minutes, then pierce each side with a kebab skewer before continuing to cook. Just like chicken, you want the juices to be running clear!
Now I’m a sucker for classic burger cheese, but if you’re feeling a little fancier then halloumi would also be great on these burgers, and I like to add a smear of green pesto for extra yumminess!
Have I tempted you with this recipe, or are you a classic beef burger kinda person?