Think you’ve not got time for a healthy breakfast each morning? Think again! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start your day right with these yummy ideas!
WARNING: This post contains no avocados or smoked salmon
1. Banana pancakes < 10 mins
- Mash a banana, and whisk in two eggs. Pour the mix into a frying pan, and cook on both sides until golden brown. Ta-dah! You can even get fancy and add cocoa powder, or protein powder, or blueberries, or whatever you fancy!
2. Fluffy cloud eggs <15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Separate two eggs, whisk the eggs whites until soft peaks form, then carefully stir in 1 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese. On a lined baking tray, make two little piles of the egg white mix, leaving a little dimple in the middle, and bake for 4 mins. Take the whites out of the oven, and carefully tip the individual yolks into the centre of the mounds, and bake for another 2 mins. Voila!
3. Peach and raspberry yogurt drink < 10 mins
- Blend together two chopped up peaches, a cup of raspberries and half a cup of natural or vanilla yogurt. Enjoy!
4. Ham and egg cups < 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Spray a cupcake or muffin tin with cooking oil spray, and line the holes with parma ham – one piece should do one hole! Crack and egg into the hole and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top, then bake for 12 mins. Job done! These are great to prep in advance, then you can store them in the fridge and microwave for 40 seconds to reheat!
5. Poached egg and smashed peas < 15 mins
- Start some frozen peas boiling in a small saucepan. Get water simmering in a medium saucepan, add a splash of vinegar and poach your egg – whether you do it in the traditional method or using a poachie/poach pod! While the egg is cooking, drain the peas, and using a stick blender, mash up the peas with a chopped spring onion – I like to leave mine a little chunky! Fish your poached egg out of the pan with a slotted spoon, and dry with a paper towel, then serve on top of the pile of peas! Yum!
6. Banana nut protein smoothie < 5 mins
- Blend a banana with a cup of hazelnut milk and a handful of walnuts. Add some vanilla protein powder and blend again. Slurp!
7. Golden bananas and Greek yogurt < 10 mins
- Whisk together a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of water. Slice up a banana, arrange the pieces on some tin foil and brush with the honey mix, then place under the grill until golden and slightly caramelised. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a sprinkling of cinnamon or cocoa powder. Om nom nom!
8. Asparagus and egg fry up < 15 mins
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 3-4 aspargus stems, ensure they’re nicely covered in the butter/oil, then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Once done, crack an egg over the asparagus and fry for 3-4 mins. Happy eating!
No time for breakfast? No excuses!
3 thoughts on “8 Quick, Easy and Healthy Breakfasts”
Fantastic ideas. I keep meaning to try Banana pancakes but always forget about them. I must make a point of making them. My girls would love them.
They’re so quick and easy, and you can do so many different things with them too 🙂
Love these ideas ☺️ poached egg & avocado on toast is my go-to healthy breakfast!