Its gingerbread time of year – THIS IS NOT A DRILL
I love making gingerbread, but something I really fail at is gingerbread houses – I don’t know whether its all the construction involved or what, but they just always fail or look rubbish and I find it all too stressful, so I tend to stick to regular cookie cutter shapes. Sounds kinda boring right? NOPE.
My absolute favourite gingerbread creations are these little bathing dudes that hang out in your tea/coffee/hot chocolate; they’re a real crowd-pleaser!
All you need is a batch of your favourite gingerbread recipe (mine is here!), a rolling pin, large gingerbread man cookie cutter and a cupcake tray or two!
- Preheat your oven to 180C (or whatever your recipe requires!)
- Whip up your gingerbread, and roll out onto a floured surface and cut out your little gingerbread men
- Dust your cupcake trays with a little bit of flour, or use non-stick spray over the tray
- Place your gingerbread man onto the tray, with their bodies in the bottom of the dip, and their arms, legs and head over the edge – you may need to space them out quite a bit, and maybe bake in batches if you don’t have multiple trays!
- Bake as per your recipe, then let them cool in the tray to make sure they retain their shape
Once cooled, make yourself a nice hot drink to celebrate, and let one of them go for a swim!