HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
In the classic style of January 1st, I’m setting myself some goals and resolutions for the coming year, and would I be a proper blogger if I didn’t post them online?
Every year, resolutions are made and broken, so as much as possible I try to keep my choices positive; rather than giving things up, I find things to do more of etc. I’ve thought a lot about this year’s, and here they are:
- Take more selfies – to be honest, I want to take more photos of myself in general. Its not vanity, its about gaining confidence and being happier with my appearance
- Save more money – I’ve always been a religious saver – I think its one of my biggest strengths. This year, now I’m in a new, better paying job, I want to make sure that more money is being put towards my future.
- Travel more – whether its seeing more of the UK, or doing a few weekend city breaks, I just want to get out there and enjoy more of the world.
- Stay moisturised – I’ve recently had the epiphany that just because my skin is fairly good, it doesn’t mean I can’t look after it
- Read more books – I said last year that I wanted to take more time out to read, and I think in the whole year I maybe finished one book.. Take 2!
- Shop more from small businesses – as a small business-er myself, I really want to help out more small businesses, artists and creatives and make more dreams happen!
- Be my best self – I’m just really wanting to make 2017 the best year ever. I saw a quote on Twitter a while ago that said ‘Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it’, and I just really want to be that person.
Last year I didn’t actually set any goals at the beginning of the year; I don’t think I knew how amazing the year could be. 2016 was an incredible year for my blog, and I’m hoping for an even better 2017!
- 500 Bloglovin followers
- 2500 Twitter followers
- 2000 Instagram follower
- 65,000 page views
- To achieve
- More Insta-vlogging
- One outfit post a month
- Improve my fitness posts
- Talk about my blog more
- Participate in more Twitter chats
- Work more on my Pinterest
What are you hoping to achieve this year?
12 thoughts on “My New Years Resolutions and Goals”
Woow! Some amazing goals lovely! You deserve to achieve them all. I can’t wait to see your journey over 2017. There’s so much I want to achieve! Hopefully increasing my blogger following on everything. Along with graduating University with a 2.1, so I can find a Graduate job. I’m also hopeful of moving out with the other half. 2017 should be a good year for me.
Happy New Year
Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com
Sounds like a busy year, hopefully it’ll be great for you too! 🙂
I’m hoping lovely! 😘
Great goals! I’m sure you’ll smash all of them and do so well. I’m hoping to lose some weight for my wedding later this year, save more money (I am so awful at saving!) and read more 🙂 Happy new year!
Good luck lovely! Hope its a great year for you 🙂
Sounds like a great year. I’ve blogged about my regular resolutions but I’m hoping for a growth in Instagram in my blogging life this year.
You have set some great goals! Your personal goals are almost identical to ours!! Good luck and happy new year! TB
Happy New Year! 🙂
These sound like fab resolutions! I’m trying to work really hard on being my best self as well! Good luck with all your goals + wishing you all the best and posi vibes for 2017!
You too sweet! 💛
Pingback: My 2017 Reading List | Lottie Does
Just found your blog and I’m absolutely loving it 🙂
Your resolutions are lovely.
I am so with you on the “saving more money” and “travel more”. Those are two things I always tell myself in January and seem to have forgotten by March! haha
Sending all the positive vibes possible xxx