If you read my New Years resolutions post, you’ll know that this year I’m hoping to read more books than the atrocious total of one that I read last year. Let’s face it, one book isn’t exactly going to be difficult to beat, but in order to help myself along the way, I’ve written a little book bucket list, if you will, to keep me on track!
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy – I’m determined to complete these books this year. I’ve started them all and never finished, and its my favourite saga of all time so if I complete nothing else this year, I want to do this.
Scrappy Little Nobody– a little more lighthearted, I got Anna Kendrick’s book for Christmas and I can’t wait to get stuck into her writing
- The Great Gatsby – while many people studied this at school, I didn’t, and I’ve also never seen the movie because I want to read it first ha!
- Who Moved My Cheese? – this was a book I’ve been interested in for a while now, and I got it for my birthday last year but still haven’t got round to so much as turning the first page!
- The Jungle Book – I’m really interested in what this book is really like compared to the films!
- RE-READ Harry Potter – a few years ago I read some of the books again for the first time since the films came out, and I had forgotten about so many little details that are skipped in the movies! I’m also gonna make my boyfriend read them because he never has!
- Why Not Me? – written by Mindy Kaling, this book just seems like something I’d be able to relate to
So that’s 15 books in a year, which might be very few to some but its a starting point for me at least! If you’ve got any book recommendations then please send them my way!
2 thoughts on “My 2017 Reading List”
Some great books on this list I will have to add them to my must read list for 2017 💖
15 books is way better than 1! Haha. I really want to read Anna Kendrick’s biography, too. And The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favourite books – read it in school 😉 Haha. Enjoy!