It still hasn’t quite hit home that in a few short weeks I’ll be stepping back into what is, in my opinion, the most special of all the Disney parks. There’s just something extra magical about Disneyland, and for a lot of reasons it holds a very special place in my heart, and I’m super excited to be going back with my Disney twin, Sarah, who I know loves the park just as much as I do.
Here are a few things I’ll be looking to do this trip:
- Sob over Mickey and the Magical Map – I’ll probably attempt to set a new record for the number of times I watch this in a single trip, and I will definitely cry every time. Plus Sarah has never seen it so its an excuse to drag her along, right?
- Haunted Mansion – being closed on my last trip, I definitely want to take a doom-buggy to visit the 999 happy haunts after almost 7 years.
- Frozen at Hyperion Theatre – I loved Aladdin, and was gutted to have missed the last showing by just 3 days, but I’m curious to see the show that’s replaced it.
- Photoshoots in Toontown – we both love a good outfit shoot, and we both love Toontown, so hello new favourite place to hang out..
- Red Rose Taverne – gotta find out if the new Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant is worth the hype, right?
- Jungle Crusin’ – another ride that was closed on my last trip, I need to get some skipper time!
- Main Street Electrical Parade – as much as I hate not having Paint the Night in Disneyland anymore, I really missed MSEP when I was in Florida.
- Soarin’ Around the World – would you believe I’ve never done Soarin’ in California?
- Meet Oswald – I’m on a mission to meet 100 different characters this year, and I’ve never met the lucky bunny before
- Animation Academy – while I can’t draw to save my life, I still always love going to Animation Academy to attempt it!
Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze all this in as well as everything else PLUS running the Pixie Dust Challenge in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend, wish me luck!