Yesterday marked what is possibly the biggest day in any WDW trip countdown: 180 days!
That of course meant that all my planning and decision making for dining on our trip was about to come down to a crucial hour of frantic tapping and clicking at my laptop in the hopes of securing those all too important reservations. I was really happy that Matthew got to be involved in the planning side, but as he was working, the booking was all down to me!
Well what did I get?
- Be Our Guest breakfast (QS) and The Plaza Restautant – I had hoped to get Crystal Palace on the first day but it had already booked up at the time I wanted, so instead I swapped for Be Our Guest which we were planning on doing later in the trip. I always start my first day in Disney with a breakfast reservation before park opening so I can get those empty Main Street photos! Then as we weren’t going to be using a TS credit, I decided to book The Plaza for 3pm – its a Halloween party night so nowhere books very late, and we are hoping to do the party that night so we’ll be busy in the evening getting spooky!
- Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom – this is one of Matthew’s very few requests, but its a bit of a tradition for him and who doesn’t love RFC?
- Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno – YESSSSS! The newest and most exciting character breakfast booking is mine! Tangled themed, and at my favourite Disney location, The Boardwalk, this was my top priority booking!
- Sci-Fi Dine In Theater – another one that Matthew really wanted, and although I’ve eaten here before I’m excited to be going back!
- T-REX – another classic, and a restaurant that Matthew’s never been to so I’m really excited for him to experience the dinosaurs!
- Yak and Yeti – I had such a great meal here back in February and there were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try so it was a no-brainer really..
- Teppan Edo – this will be my third consecutive time eating here on a WDW trip and I have no shame because I absolutely love everything about it. Also Matthew and I are hoping to maybe do Japan next year so it’ll be a fun experience for both of us.
We’ve still got a few more bookings to do for the last couple of days of our trip, but we’ll be hoping to snag Skipper Canteen, Chef Mickey’s and Crystal Palace or Cinderella’s Royal Table! As we’re doing a few offsite days we’ll have a few spare credits to play with too..