It may not still be able to quite make up its mind, but the sun is finally shining in Bournemouth today and I’m hoping and praying that summer is finally on its way at last!
I have zero holiday allowance left at work, so this will be the first summer in a good few years that I haven’t been jetting off somewhere on a grand adventure, but I won’t be letting that stop me from filling my free time with as many little adventures and activities as I can. I wrote a summer bucket list last year, but I hardly scraped the surface with that list so I’m starting anew and hoping to actually complete this years!
- Go to a music festival – no, I’m not gonna be hitting Glasto or V-fest, but we have a few great local festivals and I really fancy spending a day on a picnic mat listening to good live music and eating from food trucks in the sun.
- Pick your own – I’ve always fancied going to one of those farms where you can pick your own berries and stuff
- Bingo night – I have never been to a bingo club before, and I’m a little dubious, but so many people say its a good laugh so why not?
- Go to an outdoor cinema – something on the list from last year that I never managed to do, here’s hoping for success this year
- Take Matthew to the air festival – Bournemouth Air Festival is a pretty big deal, and Matthew’s never been before and put a pilot at an air festival and I’m pretty sure he’ll be happy
- Actually get a tan – I normally spend too much time indoors to see any sort of colour change in my skin, but after a bit of a top up on my trip to California, I’m keen to spend as much time outdoors so that my legs stop reflecting light.
Tale as Old as Time Afternoon Tea– late to the party, but I’m finally going to the famous Beauty and the Beast afternoon tea at the Kensington Hotel with two of my favourite people in June and I can’t wait!
- Go Ape – I’ve been saying for ages that I want to go back to Go Ape at Moors Valley, and I need to actually get round to swinging in the trees again
Celebrate our first anniversary– when I wrote my summer bucket list last year, one of the things on that list was my first date with Matthew. Well that was almost a year ago now, and I can’t wait to celebrate a whole year with the love of my life.
I’ve kept the list a little shorter this year in the hopes that I’ll actually achieve all of them! Wish me luck!