I’m gonna go and admit something controversial: I haven’t seen every Disney movie.
Sure, when it comes to the animated classics, I’m all over those films, but would you believe that I’ve hardly watched any of the sequels? If its not counted in the official list of classics, then I’ve never really been interested. I’ve never seen the princesses with their children, or anyone returning to Neverland; in fact I think its only the Lion King and Lilo and Stitch sequels that I have watched!
So I’ve decided to set myself a little challenge and make a little blog series out of it: Lottie Watches Sequels. Every week I’m going to try and watch 4 sequels to classic Disney movies – in order of when the original film was released – and each month I’ll be sharing my thoughts and feelings on them! If you’ve wondered about them yourself, this is the list I’ve compiled:
- Bambi II
- Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
- Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
- Peter Pan: Return to Neverland
- Lady and the Tramp II: Scamps Adventures
- 101 Dalmatians II: Patch’s London Adventure
- The Jungle Book 2
- The Fox and the Hound 2
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Magical World
- Aladdin and the King of Thieves
- Aladdin: Return of Jafar
- Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame II
- Mulan II
- Tarzan II
- Kronk’s New Groove
- Atlantis: Milo’s Return
- Brother Bear 2
I’m pretty excited to get started on these! While I’ve never really been interested in them before, I’m excited to meet some new characters and see some of my favourite stories continue, plus I’d love to see if the whole ‘sequels are never as good as the original’ rule also applies to Disney films. Stay tuned, folks!