And just like that, another year is upon us, and I think there’s something extra satisfying about January 1st being a Monday, anyone else? New week, new year, new set of resolutions and new goals to try and smash.
When it comes to resolutions, I’ve learnt that the key to success is being realistic, and being positive. This year, I’m focusing more on the things that make me happy, and continuing to become the person I really want to be. So here goes:
- Put myself first more – I’ve always been the sort of person to put others needs first, and of course there’s nothing wrong with that, but it can mean that I end up run a little bit ragged. Well, I’m learning, and this year will be more about making sure that I don’t put too much pressure on myself.
- Start asking for what I want – I’m often too shy or nervous to put myself out there and tell other people what I want – I won’t even ask my boyfriend to take my blog photos sometimes cos I feel like its too much to ask. Long story short, it means that sometimes I miss out on things that I want to do for no reason other than my own lack of confidence, and I’m tired of that.
- Learn to sew more stuff – when it comes to my sewing creations, I’ve got a little comfortable with making the same kinda thing. This year, I want to branch out from skirts and teach myself some more advanced patterns like tops, dresses and shorts so I can start creating more wonderful things!
- Wake up earlier – 2017 was the year I learnt how to have a lie-in, following years of being an early riser. Well, I could really do with that extra time in the morning again, so I’m gonna get myself back into a routine of getting up and getting stuff done.
- Learn to love photography again – as soon as autumn/winter kicks in and the days get shorter and darker, taking photos starts to seem like such a chore, especially when it comes to blog photos and Instagram. No more! I’m saving for a new lens for my camera, and I’m gonna be bringing bright and beautiful back to your screens very soon!
- Keep being braver with makeup – I’ve been having the most fun recently playing around eyeshadow, as well as generally improving my makeup skills, and I’ve been loving it. Here’s to a more colourful 2018!
- Hang out with more amazing people – they say you should always surround yourself with positive people and people who support you, so I’m gonna do just that.
2017 was another incredible year for this little blog of mine. Despite a few ups and downs from my end, my blog has held fast as it hit its 4th birthday. I hit all but one of my targets for last year (stupid Instagram), so I’m hoping this year will be just as successful!
- 1500 Bloglovin followers
- 3500 Twitter followers
- 2500 Instagram followers
- 100,000 page views
- To achieve
- Improve flat-lays and product photos
- Include more photos of myself
- Help other bloggers by retweeting posts and commenting more
- Try my hand at proper makeup posts
- Remember to take more little breaks
- Just generally chat with more lovely bloggers!
Who else is feeling like 2018 is gonna be a great year?
11 thoughts on “My 2018 New Years Resolutions and Goals”
I hope you have a wonderful 2018! 😊 Your blog was one of the first I started reading and I can’t wait to see where 2018 takes you 😊 xx
Aw thank you lovely! Hope you have an incredible 2018 xx
Being realistic is so important but I feel like having super high goals helps us work harder to reach them. It’s one of them weird ones where we have to find middle ground!
Good luck with your 2018 goals xx
one of my resolutions last year was to be an early riser and im actually pretty happy to say ive managed to stick to it all year! definitely worth doing, there’s something about getting up early that makes me feel SO damn organised!
wishing you all the best for 2018, lovely!
katie. xx lacoconoire.com
I love getting up early, I’ve just slipped into lazy habits recently haha! X
Happy new year! Great goals – good luck with all of them. I’m definitely more of an early riser, if I have a lie-in I tend to feel like I’ve wasted time. I mean, there are never enough hours in the day anyway without sleeping them away, right?!
I am determined to work smarter and not harder – and take better care of myself!
Happy New Year to you too 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉
P.s If you are thinking about your 2018 goals then mabye you may enjoy this :
How do you get so many blog views?? If I got just 10% of what you’re aiming for I’d be absolutely thrilled! Teach me your secrets!
My niche is relatively small though – film and TV reviews at http://www.oddballcontent.com. I need to find my audience…
Good luck with your goals, putting myself first is definitely something I need to start doing more to and just generally taking better care of myself! I hope 2018 is a great year for youxoxo
♥ Cateaclysmic ♥
Pingback: Another Mid Year Review | Lottie Does