Did you read my Summer Bucket List? Well one of the things on there was making my own ice-cream, and while I could have made any old plain vanilla or chocolate, I went a little more colourful..
It doesn’t involve a stand mixer, it doesn’t take hours of prep, and it looks and tastes amazing! You know, if I do say so myself..
1. Before you start on your ice cream mix, get yourself set up with 4-5 bowls, each containing a drop or two of gel/paste food colouring in your chosen colours – liquid colouring will not work with this recipe! Have spoons ready in each bowl, and a large loaf tin or 8 inch square tin ready too.
2. In a glass or metal bowl, whisk 500ml whipping cream until it holds peaks, but is still smooth.
3. Using a metal spoon, fold in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk – 14oz/397ml – until combined, then quickly split the mixture between the bowls with food colouring in.
4. Working fairly quickly – but without beating all the air out! – mix in the colouring until fully combined.
5. Scoop the different colours into the pan – you can layer them or dot them randomly, then use a skewer to swirl them together!
6. Freeze the mixture for 6-8 hours, then scoop!
You know that this would go great with? My Pastel Dreams Cheesecake!