Marshmallows are life.
Ice-cream is also not just for summer, so now we’re heading into the autumn months its time for a few warmer flavours, and I think this is my new favourite. Move over Ben and Jerry, Lottie is on the scene right now.
And d’you know what? This was so easy.
Are you ready?
1. Preheat an oven to 220C.
2. Whisk 500ml of whipping cream until its stiff enough to hold peaks, but not overwhipped.
3. Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper, spread out 2 cups of mini marshmallows, and bake for 4 minutes
4. While the marshmallows are baking, pour a can of sweetened condensed milk (397ml is the standard size) into the cream, and fold in carefully with a metal spoon.
5. Once the marshmallows have baked, quickly scrape all the melted marshmallow goop into the cream mixture and stir through the mix. Don’t worry about larger lumps or more toasted bits, they add great texture!
6. Pour the mix into a large loaf tin or container, and freeze for 6-8 hours, then scoop and serve!
You could turn this into a s’mores sundae by adding warm chocolate sauce and cookie crumbs and enjoy by a bonfire while toasting more marshmallows..
You are welcome.